HOW WAS ELAHERE STUDIED?
ELAHERE was studied in a clinical trial of 106 people with FRα-positive, platinum-resistant ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, or primary peritoneal cancer
All of the people in the study had platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. This means that their cancer came back or progressed within 6 months after certain types of chemotherapy
All people in the trial had tumors that were positive for folate receptor alpha (FRα). This means that the tumor had high levels of FRα, the protein that ELAHERE targets
What were the results of elahere treatment?
- Median duration of response (mDOR) is the middle number that represents how long people responded to treatment, from the shortest response to the longest
- The objective response rate (ORR) number here tells us that about 1 out of 3 people in the study responded to treatment; this means their tumors shrank by at least 30%
- Complete response (CR) is the percentage of people who had no signs of cancer on a follow-up scan
- Partial response (PR) is the percentage of people who had their tumor shrink by at least 30% after treatment
- Stable disease (SD) is the percentage of people in the study whose tumors did not grow more than 20% or shrink more than 30%
- Progressive disease (PD) means that the cancer progressed for this percentage of patients
- Not evaluable (NE) tells us that investigators were not able to evaluate how people responded to treatment for this percentage of people in the study
Potential side effects with ELAHERE
ELAHERE can cause serious side effects that require medical attention, such as pneumonitis (inflammation of the lungs), peripheral neuropathy (nerve problems), and eye problems. The most common side effects of ELAHERE include:
- Feeling tired
- Increased liver enzymes in the blood
- Stomach-area (abdominal) pain
- Decreased red or white blood cell counts
- Decreased albumin level in the blood
- Decreased magnesium level in the blood
Due to side effects: 11% of people stopped treatment, 39% of people had dose delays, 20% of people had their dose reduced, and 31% of people reported serious adverse events.
These are not all the possible side effects of ELAHERE. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Call 1-833-ELAHERE for ELAHERE Support Services
*Results from the 104 evaluable people included in the clinical study of 106 people.
You are about to leave this site
You are about to leave ELAHERE.com and enter a website operated by a third party. Would you like to continue?